The laboratory is equipped with accessorial experimental stations, dedicated to the study and characterization of samples
Portable Raman spectrometer (B&W Tek, Newark, NJ, USA) (Spokeperson: Mariangela Cestelli Guidi)
- Spectral range: ≈97–2000 cm−1
- Resolution: 3 cm-1.
- Excitation wavelength: Laser diode GaAlAs at 785 nm (the laser spot diameter at focal plane is 85 μm).
- Detector: Peltier cooled CCD
The system can also work in situ by using a probe.
Multispectral Imaging system in the UV-VIS-NIR-SWIR range
(Spokeperson: Mariangela Cestelli Guidi)
- NIR converted camera (Nikon D750), 400-1000 nm
- SWIR camera (Hamamatsu InGaAs Camera C12741-03, 640×512 pixel) 900-1700 nm
- UV lamp at 365nm filtered 3000mW
- Alogen lamp
The following accessories for sample preparation are available for all the users: (Spokeperson: Mariangela Cestelli Guidi)
- Optical Microscopes
- Cutting-off machine
- Gas processing plant
- Preparation of thick and thin resin section
SEM EDX (Spokeperson: Marco Angelucci)
SNE200M microscope (SEC) equipped with a QUANTAX 100 Advanced BRUKER EDX microanalysis detector.